Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Medela Breast Pump

As promised in my previous blog, I'm going share my experience with the Medala breast pump.

I bought my breast pump from the Babycenter store from USA. It is much cheaper to ship it here (to Singapore) than to buy directly from the retailer here. However you need to have a US bank account before you can purchase anything from Babycenter. So ask around and see if you can have a friend with an US bank account to help you make the purchase.

Trust me, it is much cheaper to buy big items direct from the US. For instance, Pump In Style Advance - Shoulder Bag (which is what I bought) is selling at USD265.99 at Babycenter while it is retailing at S$699/799 depending if there's promotion at departmental stores here. You do the math and realise that you can save up to 40-50%. Of course, you need to add in shipping cost which is about S$60-70.

Anyway, I could be selling my pre-loved sometime next year after I wean my baby off breastfeeding. Keep a lookout at my blogsite for good deal on my pre-loved breast pump. Should be around Feb 2009.

The Medela Pump In Style Advance breast pump has served me well. It has the revolutionary technology that mimics your baby's nursing rhythm for faster let-down and milk flow. Since the price is on the high side, I would suggest that you obtain a pre-loved set if you are not able to purchase directly from the US.

Another good thing about Medela is that their bottles are BPA-free. BPA is found in plastic bottles which have harmful side effects on baby if consumed. I read in some articles that BPA may be released after several washing and sterilisation. Hence when you purchse plastic bottles, good to select those that are BPA-free.

Check out the below link for the breast pumps sold at Babycenter store if you are interested to purchase directly from US. They also have other good deals for breast feeding accessories.

Babycenter Store

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment