Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Infant Sleeping Habits


Ever wonder when your baby will sleep through the night?

I've been asking myself this question for the past three months. And praise God, baby Genieve is starting to sleep through the night. She can now sleep from 10am to 7pm though there are days when she still wakes up in the middle of the night - initally wanting to drink milk, now more like she wants to play...

Thanks to my sister too, who gave me a very helpful book - Babywise by Ezzo and Bucknam.

The book teaches you how to help your baby develop good sleeping and feeding habits and how to adopt a parent-directed approach in training your baby to sleep.

Although there are several schools of thought regarding training your baby to sleep, I find that Babywise does work wonders. It gives control back to the parents instead of the 'baby controlling the parents'.

I'm someone who likes to plan so I find it very difficult to feed on demand. So the Babywise method suits me fine.

If you are an experienced parent and your baby hasn't slept through the night or going to be first time parent, I suggest you pick up this book from your local bookstore and start your journey to 'saying goodbye to sleepless nights when baby arrives' kind of life.

Check out the peaceful look when Genieve's in slumberland...

No comments:

Post a Comment